Sunday, May 19, 2013

It's What I Love About Sundays

I have always been a believer in God.  In fact, without my faith, I'm not sure that I would have made it through some of the things that I have faced in my life.  But, it wasn't until this past year that I openly confessed my belief in Jesus as my savior, and on March 3rd I was baptized at Lebanon Christian Church. 
Sundays have become one of my favorite days of the week since I started going to church in Lebanon.  Not only do I get the chance to worship, but it has led to a tradition that I often dreamed of having as a child.  Almost every Sunday after church, we head over to my dad's for lunch.  The kids are able to play with my younger sisters and brother, and I am able to spend that time with that part of my family that I had been missing out on.
I am so grateful for a church that has welcomed us with open arms.  They never seem overwhelmed when I bring all 4 two year olds into the nursery (Today was there first day in the 2's room, by the way)...they always just smile and start to love on them right away.  Even more, I am thankful for the family that I get to spend these special Sundays with.  These are the days I want my children to cherish as much as I do.
This picture of Lilya and John reminds me of my Uncle Kevin and I.  We didn't have much more of an age difference, and I looked up to him so much (still do).  I know that these two are going to be such great friends through their lives...she already loves him so much!

Had to include this picture.  I love these girls so much.  They are such good aunts to my kiddos when we come over on Sundays.  I remember how bad I wanted a baby when I found out that my dad and Margaret were expecting twins.  I also remember how that feeling faded the first time I kept all three of these girls ;).  I am so glad that He is in control, and now 10 years later, we are surrounded by beautiful! 

No comments: