Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Continued (From the beginning)

Friday, January 14, 2011 8:50 Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:24

Just another sign that we have such great friends and family. Like I said yesterday, I have to have my belly button packed twice a day (YUCK!). Yesterday, it was my mother-in-law and father-in-law that got the joy. In the evening my friend Amy and her mom brought me out a "Protein Basket", and they also worked together to do the packing. Now I know that I am loved. I was also glad to get to talk to my friend Mandi who has been through much of the same things since she had triplets. It is so helpful to read words of encouragement, and I feel like I am lucky to receive messages from people each day.

Both yesterday and today have looked very hopeful in my recovery. I am starting to be able to get up and down easier, and do a little more for myself. I am looking foward to being back to 100% so that I can enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible.

Hello weekend! Although I've felt much better the last couple of days, it was hard to be home most of the day with just Lilya. You don't realize how much destruction a 2 1/2 year old can cause if you're not supposed to be up chasing her around, until you've lived it. I witnessed it all the other day, from big red crayon circles on the wall to an entire bowl of chex mix dumped all over the couch and combed to the floor! That is why I am so excited that Daddy is home to play chase.

It hasn't all been tough though. We did get to play with our Hoffman friends yesterday. Lilya got to show Mac all around the house and practice sharing her toys while E and I had a chance to catch up. Later, Missy and Jayme were back out delivering more delicious food from my coworkers at Suncrest. Jayme brought lots of other protien filled goodies, and even stayed long enough to rock Lilya to sleep. I do have some of the best friends ever!

Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:07 PM

Thought I needed to get out of the house today, so Lilya and I took a trip to Wal-Mart. The air felt good, and I'm sure the babies enjoyed the rocking motion as I walked, but I don't think the rest of my body felt that it was a good decision. I spent the rest of the day on the couch watching Purdue and then the NFL playoffs. Thanks to my mother and father-in-law I enjoyed some yummy pizza too.

I also got the strangest phone call from a parent today. She had let her son stay with someone and wasn't sure who. He still wasn't home and she was getting worried but didn't know where to look. I made some phone calls to try to help her find him, and thankfully he showed up eventually without us having to go to extremes. Wow, soon, we will have 5 kids to keep track of. I just pray that I am never put in the situation that this mother was in today. May God give me the strenghth and patience to always put my children first.

Friday, January 21, 2011 11:07 AM
Felling a little bit better each day! I wish the spot below my belly button would heal up...I feel like I could get back to "normal" once it does. Lilya and I have spent a lot of well needed time with my mom the last couple of days. It is so nice to have her close. Lilya's latest is to put things in the toilet and flush it, so she is keeping me on my toes these days. Whenever she leaves the living room, I have to wonder what is getting flushed. Luckily, it hasn't been anything that would go down and clog the toilet. Yesterday she came running in and said, "Mommy, I put the Dora pencil in the potty and I flush it." I said, "Where is it now?" She answered, "I don't know, it's gone." I went in, and sure enough, it was gone. The next time I flushed the toilet, a Dora pencil popped up. She has been so good in the past, no flushing things, no coloring on the walls, no making big messes. I feel like she is now trying to prepare me for what the future holds. Can one mom really keep 5 toddlers from destroying the house????? The crazy things you start to wonder about when you are on bed rest!:)

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:58 AM
Well, we are 16 weeks today. Seems weird that we are more than likely at least half way to having these four little ones. These next 8 weeks are going to be very hard on my nerves. I just want to make it past that 24 week mark! I know that around 20 weeks will be the most scary since that's the point that I lost the twins. I am trying to think very positively, but that memory still lies very close to the surface in my mind.

On a happy note, I felt one of the babies move for the first time yesterday. It was just the funniest little flutter on the right side of my belly. I love the feeling, and even though it might sound crazy, I can't wait to feel all four wiggling around in there.

This is my last week off of work for sugery recovery. I head to the doctor this Wed., and can't wait to see them and get more pictures. Hoping that everything looks good, so we can get back to some kind of normal for a little while. I'll be posting pictures after that appointment!

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend with Tony, Kaleb and Lilya!

Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:17 AM
Another doctor's appt. yesterday, and at 16 weeks and 2 days, my uterus is measuring 30 weeks! The doctor has warned that somewhere between 18 and 20 weeks, I am going to start having contractions because my uterus will think it is full term. While this is very scary to me, I am comforted to know that they are going to start seeing me every week now. My next appt. is Tuesday.

My mom and Lilya went with me yesterday, and got to see all 4 babies as the ultrasound tech took measurements, and tried to decide if they were girls or boys. Baby A, a boy, and my mom said to Lilya, "Looks like you're going to have atleast 1 little brother." Lilya's reply, "No, I want a sister!" Baby B, another little boy, and another disappointment for Lilya. Baby C, looks like a girl...we better hope for Lilya's sake anyway because Baby D is also definitely a boy! Yep, we're looking at 3 boys and hopefully 1 girl! All four babies are about the same size now. 2 weigh 5 oz. and 2 weigh 6 oz. They should double their sizes within the next couple of weeks...scary!

Sometimes this all just seems unreal to me, and then I have a trip to the doctor and see their little heart beats, and how they are changing every week, and it becomes very real for the moment. Then, I come home and it is just the 3 of us still, and it becomes so unreal again. I'm not sure at what point it will actually sink in.

No comments: