Monday, August 1, 2011

What to Expect When You're Done Expecting (Part 1)

I know that this will be a topic that will be present in my mind for a long time to come, so I'm calling this Part 1.

No more morning sickness
No more exhaustion for no reason
No more heartburn
No more swollen ankles
No more back sleeping
No more getting up 5 times in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom
No more growing belly
No more squished organs
No more raging hormones
No more blaming the tears on those raging hormones
No more wondering if it's a boy or a girl (or one/some of each)
No more looking forward to dr. visits
No more little kicks that let you know there really is something in there

I LOVED being pregnant.  Even though all 3 of my pregnancies came with many obstacles and worries, I will miss every bit of it.  The quads were born 11 weeks and 2 days ago, and just today I thought I felt a kick in my belly.  I believe that is one of the greatest feelings in the world.  I made the most of a very difficult pregnancy knowing that it would be the last time I would experience it.  I am so grateful that the outcome was four beautiful babies!

Now, I love seeing happy, expecting mothers.  I'm so excited for the friends I have that are experiencing all of my no mores right now.  I know that they might not be thrilled with some of them, but if they're anything like me, they'll miss it when it's over!

No comments: