Friday, August 5, 2011

From the Beginning (May 2011)

Sunday, May 1, 2011 9:36 PM
We're on day 5 in the hospital. Things have been really calm for the most part. I actually thought Dr. Sumners was going to send me home, but then, he said I could go ahead and tell the Alere nurses that I won't be going home. There was a little bit of relief with that since I've not been feeling the best at night. My contractions have gone from being up high, to very low with a lot of pressure. They are still spread out, so it hasn't required anything special, but I would probably freak out about them at home. I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. I have been lucky to have lots of visitors to help pass the time. I loved my flowers from Janelle, Craig, and Grant...they really brighten up my room. Missy and Jayme were wonderful to pick up Lilya and bring her down on Thursday...I loved watching her play Dr. I'm so glad I've seen her everyday since then. :) my mom and George, and T.J. and Angela all deserve credit for bringing food when they came. I was also excited to see the Perez's, and appreciated the bag of snacks and pic of Lilya. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve so much love. All of the visits along with the messages and phone calls are really helping to pass the time! 30 weeks tomorrow...only 3 weeks, and I'll have hit my goal. I think I can, I think I can!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 10:07 AM
Our first week in the hospital has come and gone, and we are now on our way to 31 weeks. Things are still really calm, and today the dr ordered physical therapy and massage therapy to help get me through, what we hope to be, a couple weeks of bed rest. The nurse also got them to order wheel chair rides if I want them, so I can get put of this room for a while. I couldn't ask for a better staff to be taking care of me. :)

I've been keeping up with all that's happening around the world since I have plenty of time to watch t.v. Since I've been here, I've seen plenty of the 2nd worst tornado disaster to strike the southern U.S., watched the Royal Wedding of Prince Charles and Kate Middleton, and most recently, watched as the nation celebrated the death of the most wanted terrorist in the world, Osama Bin Laden. Sometimes it is hard to watch the news and see all of the "bad" that is out there, and then we add the weather, so rainy, cold and gloomy. The funny thing is, I know I'm about to add 4 more rays of sunlight to help brighten it up. I am getting so excited that within the next few weeks, we'll be sharing our little miracles with the rest of the world. What a blessing I know they will be!
Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:50 PM
We are quickly approaching the 32 nd week! I apologize for not updating this site for awhile. I've written about 4 tomes now, and somehow got kicked off each time.

I have been blessed with many visitors since last week. I am thankful for those who give up lunch breaks to stop in, as well as those who give up their entire evening to drive an hour here and back. I have felt the love of so many since I've been here.

I am so well taken care of here. I love massage days! Everyone seems right on top of my needs and are willing to listen even if I just want to tell a story about my daughter. I was so welcomed into the NICU for a tour yesterday. Nurses praised how far I've come, and made me feel even more confident that they will be well taken care of once they're here.

I have had some rough evenings lately, and I'm now in the middle of my last round of indocin. The nurses and doctors are doing there best to keep me as comfy as possible. They talk like I could be running out of room in there, but I'm going to do my best to prove them wrong. Tomorrow is a big ultrasound day! They will not only do bio-phiysical profiles, but they will also measure to see how big they're getting. I can't wait, and I hope to update with more good news soon!

Friday, May 13, 2011 4:59 PM
I love massage days! Today was even better because I got to top off an ultrasound to measure babies and do bpp's with a massage that I had to postponed from yesterday.

The ultrasound went perfect. All babies passed their BPP's breathing, fluid and movement very quickly. Then, it was time to measure. Baby A & C weighed in right on target, 3 lbs 11 oz. Baby B is about a week ahead of schedule, weighing exactly 4 lbs! Baby D is going to be our little runt, only weighing 3 lbs 3 oz. This is just a week behind schedule. I am hoping to keep them baking for at least 10 more days, but I thank God for the time He has given us. Now, it's up to the kiddos...when they say it's time, it's time. Getting very excited, anxious, nervous, and scared to meet our precious gifts!

No comments: