Monday, August 22, 2011

Load, Unload, Load, Unload...

First trip to school

 We loaded up the van last Wednesday with all 5 kids at about 11:45.  Our first stop, Suncrest.  It was a teacher work day, so I thought it would be a perfect chance to show off the little ones without too many little hands wanting to touch.  We unloaded with the help of Jayme, Missy, Amy and Lesley, and had a wonderful time visiting and bragging on what good babies they are.  Lilya entertained as always.  I'm almost embarrassed to tell the story, but I have to document it for the future.  She had been carrying around a brush I got from the hospital pretending it was a phone (it folded in half).  I put her in her Hello Kitty dress for our outing...she looks so cute in it.  Being the resourceful child that she is, since she didn't have pockets, she chose to carry her "phone" in her panties.  I was so embarrassed when she leaned back on my lap during our school visit, and I noticed it for the first time.  I'm so glad it's not a brush that I use!
3 months old already!
From there, we had to go to the doctor for a 3 month wellness check for the quads.  My plan was to ask the doctor about skipping the night time feeding, but all four babies screamed through the entire appointment, so I just wanted to get out of there.  I didn't end up asking many questions.  She decided to try some Prilosec for Jaylyn to see if it will help with her reflux. She is now20 3/4 inches and weighs 8 lbs. 6 oz.  I asked about Benjamin's breathing (he sounds very congested all of the time), and after she looked at him, she said that his tonsils are big, but he will grow into them. He is 22 1/4 and weighed 10 lbs. 15 oz.  Harrison is 21 3/4 and weighs 9 lbs. 9 oz., and Oscar was 20 1/4 and weighed 8 lbs 15 oz.  I cannot believe how much they've grown in the past three months!  Benjamin and Harrison are already on the growth chart for their actual birthdate.
After our doctor appointment, we loaded up and headed over to Blue Ridge to visit Anne and Sarah.  It was fun to share the little ones with more of my teacher friends.  I had no problems finding enough hands to feed all four little ones at once.  Lilya was thrilled to be able to explore Sarah's classroom where she will start pre-school two days a week after Labor day.  I cannot believe my little girl is old enough to go to preschool.  Where does the time go?  She is so excited.  She has played "school" at home since we started talking about it.  I am excited for her...I know that she will have a wonderful experience with Sarah.  Once the babies were fed, and I talked Lilya into leaving, Anne and I loaded everyone back up.
We unloaded and loaded one more time to visit my mom and George before we headed home and unloaded for the day.  It was 6 o'clock!  It was a long day filled with a lot of loading and unloading, but it was worth it to share my kiddos with so many special people.

No comments: