Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stroller=Freedom...sort of

We were so thankful when my brother told us that he was going to get us this stroller as a baby gift.  Singleton strollers are expensive, so you can imagine what it was going to cost us for one that would carry four!
Anyway, it's finally here, and put together.  We took our first ride, and the kiddos seemed to love it.  We are lucky enough to live in a small town, so we only got stopped twice to talk about the fact that we were pushing around four little ones.  The only other problem that I could foresee was the fact that it only seats 4, and we have 5 children that are under 3, but for the first outing, Lilya was visiting with friends.  Yesterday, we took our second walk, and Daddy pulled Lilya in the wagon while I pushed the stroller.  Luckily, that was good enough for her. 
It is so nice to feel like I can get out of the house with all of them.  Now, if only I could find a way to push this gigantic stroller and pull a wagon at the same time.  Then, I might be able to escape my house with all five of my kiddos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could try wearing one of the babies in a moby wrap or baby bjorn so Lilya can have a seat. We had that stroller but we actually returned it cause it was waaaaay too heavy, I felt the straps were hard to adjust, the seats in front didn't go far back enough for my liking and we didn't like that it was plastic instead of fabric. But I know a bunch of people that like that stroller. Now we have two double strollers and two double snap and gos which we like. I can definitely relate about wanting freedom. It is pretty much impossible for me to get out of the house with the babies myself. We live in the top apartment with a bunch of stairs. I keep thinking what a great time they will have next summer when they are 18 mos. old, and that I do not yet know the meaning of the word exhaustion....