Monday, July 4, 2011

Our first Holiday (Happy 4th of July)




































Two years ago today, Lilya watched her first fireworks show from the front yard of my Grandma Mary Lou's in Raton, NM. I remember it like it was yesterday. We moved the gliding bench out to the middle of the yard, so Grandma would be able to join us. Mom, Grandma and I sat on the bench and waited, wondering if Lilya would like them or be afraid. Uncle Donnie spread his blanket on the ground in front of us and got comfortable too. As they began to explode, Lilya was amazed. The loud noises didn't seem to bother her at all. She loved the wonderful colors that appeared with each bang. As we all sat watching (more Lilya than the fireworks), it began to rain. That didn't seem to bother us. We stayed right where we were until the display was over. It was as if we all knew that it would be the only time we would share the experience.




Today, we celebrated our first holiday with the quadruplets. It was so nice to prove to myself that we are still able to do things like we've done in the past...it just takes a little more work (and a lot more packing) to be able to leave the house! The quads and I headed down to meet Lilya (she had spent the night with Papaw Tim), and have lunch with my dad and his family. Lilya was able to go to the parade and celebrate this beautiful day with aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and her newest brothers and sister. Oh how I wish it could have been a trip to New Mexico, and even more that I could sit with Grandma, Mom and Donnie to watch fireworks on the front lawn.




I am grateful for the memories that I have, and even more grateful for those that are yet to be made! I hope everyone enjoys their family and friends today! God Bless the USA and all who live here!

















No comments: